Flights to Missouri
Missouri is a beautiful state located in the Midwestern region of the United States. Travelers look for flights to Missouri to escape this stunning American state. Popularly known as the “Show-Me State”, Missouri is a wealth of diversity that entices travelers from across the United States and the world. Bordered by eight states Iowa in the north, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee to the east, Arkansas to the South, and Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska to the West. Whether it is world-class attractions, dining options, or outdoor recreation, Missouri is the go-to destination.
How to book cheap flights to Missouri?
Missouri is a beautiful place to visit and enjoy. If you are planning a vacation and looking for cheap flights to Missouri, then below are the steps you can follow to secure a budget flight.
- Flexible with Travel Dates : Flexibility with travel dates is a great way to secure cheap airfares, as it gives you a great chance to book a flight ticket only when it is available at a discount.
- Opt Flight for Smaller Airport : Flying into a smaller airport can save you more money.
- Advance Flight Booking: Booking in advance is also a great way to secure great deals on flight tickets.
- Browsing Flight Search Engine: Browsing multiple search engines and comparing prices is also a great way to book a flight ticket.
- Sign up for e-mail alerts: Sign up for e-mail alerts so that when prices drop you will be notified.
What are the best things to do in Missouri?
- Visit to the Gateway Arch National Park (St. Louis) : Gateway Arch National Park is an iconic marvel to visit and get a stunning view of the city and the Mississippi River.
- City Museum (St. Louis) : The City Museum offers a perfect escape for people of every age. This interactive museum offers a perfect blend of architecture, art, and play.
- Missouri Botanical Garden (St. Louis): The Missouri Botanical Garden offers a tranquil escape for people looking to rejuvenate and refresh.
- Saint Louis Zoo (St. Louis): Home to a wide variety of animals like elephants, lions, penguins and more. Saint Louis Zoo makes for a perfect location for a day out.
- Lake of the Ozarks: Outdoor enthusiasts would love to explore the Lake of the Ozarks. The place offers a wide range of activities to indulge in including lions, penguins, and more.
What is the best time to travel to Missouri?
The best time to enjoy an unforgettable vacation to Missouri is during the peak months of May, June, July, August, September, and October. It is during these months the temperature is warm with clear sunshine perfect for exploring outdoors. Avoid wintertime expeditions as winter storms and extreme cold can ruin your holidays.
What major airlines operate flights to Missouri?
Southwest, American Airlines & Delta are the major airlines that frequently operates cheap flight to Missouri. Passengers planning vacation to the state fly to Missouri in any of these airlines.
What are the popular destinations in Missouri?
Based on the data from some of the top travel firms Kansa City leads the pack with St. Louis in second place, followed by Springfield, Columbia, Joplin, and Branson.
How long a flight to Missouri does take?
The duration of a flight to Missouri is subject to multiple factors like departure city, flight layovers, and the airport where you are flying. Below are the time taken by a flight from major airports in Missouri from both domestic and international destinations.
- New York City to St. Louis: Approximately 3 to 4 hours
- Los Angeles to Kansas City: Approximately 3.5 to 4.5 hours
- Chicago to St. Louis: Approximately 1 to 1.5 hours
- London to Kansas City: Approximately 10 to 12 hours (with layovers)
- Sydney to St. Louis: Approximately 20 to 23 hours (with layovers)
Top Attractions in Missouri
- City's Capitol: Jefferson City, Missouri’s state capital is home to the magnificent capitol building that exudes the state’s political heritage and legacy. Travelers on a vacation must not miss the grandeur and architecture the state’s building boasts.
- Branson - Entertainment Hub: The entertainment location is popular both amongst the visitors and locals. Settled beautifully in the Ozark Mountains, this gorgeous town attracts tourists with diverse interests whether it is comedy, magic country, and rock ‘n’ roll.
- Kansas City - Jazz and BBQ: Missouri’s Kansa City is hailed for its amazing jazz heritage, arts scene, and iconic barbecue cuisine. The city is home to multiple renowned barbecue joints that tantalize the taste buds of visitors.
Top Dining Locations in Missouri
- JB Hook's : JB Hook’s is the perfect location for tourists looking to indulge in fine dining. Visitors can enjoy the beautiful panoramic view of the Lake of the Ozarks while indulging in the legendary steaks, seafood, and great views.
- Osage Restaurant : Get your hands on the premium American delicious inside a beautiful restaurant with a rejuvenating ambiance and sweeping views of the mountains and lakes.
- The Block Restaurant Webster Groves : Another gem of a restaurant known for its amazing and high-quality steak and pork. Travelers can visit this restaurant to get the taste of Missouri’s one of the finest eateries.
- Stone Soup Cottage : Travelers looking to tantalize their taste buds with French cuisines this is the finest restaurant to visit and explore the delicacies. Entry to the restaurant is via reservation only.
Top Nightlife Spots in Missouri
St. Louis, Missouri has been ranked the top party capital of the USA, leaving behind the likes of Las Vegas and New Orleans.
- Budweiser, Saint Louis : Budweiser is a world-renowned party destination as the location is dotted with plenty of nightlife attractions.
- Green Lady Lounge : This place is perfect to spend the evening and enjoy great live jazz music. Located in Kansas it is a must-visit for tourists featuring great ambiance and refreshing vibes.
- Yakov Smirnoff Show : After a hectic day exploring the city the best way to spend the evening is by attending the Yakov Smirnoff Show. Popularly known as America's Favorite Russian comedian, it is the perfect place to laugh off the diverse comic situations presented by Yakov at his theatre in Branson, MO.