Malawi Airlines – Book Cheap Flights
Malawi Airlines founded in 2013 is the national flag carrier of Malawi, a stunning beautiful southeastern African country. The airline's primary hub is situated at Lilongwe International Airport and its secondary hub is at Chileka International Airport in Blantyre. The airline is committed to offering exceptional travel experience to its customers. Operating a fleet of modern aircraft such as the Bombardier Q400 and Embraer E190, the airline goes a step ahead in enhancing the in-flight experience.
Being the national airline carrier, it promotes the culture and hospitality of Malawi. Passengers traveling can expect the highest quality service from the friendly and professional crew. Malawi Airlines connects Malawi to multiple destinations across Africa and beyond. Popular destinations the airline connects are Johannesburg, Lusaka, Harare, Nairobi, Dar es Salaam, and more. Whether it is leisure or business travel it is the foremost airline when it comes to flying within and out of the country.
Malawi Airlines Destinations
Domestic Destinations: Malawi Airlines connects important domestic destinations like Lilongwe, Blantyre, Mzuzu, and more. The seamless connectivity offers travelers to fly to the cities for leisure and work.
International Destinations: Fly to popular international destinations within the African continent such as Johannesburg, Harare, Nairobi, and Dar es Salaam. Whether it is for a vacation or business trip Malawi Airlines is the most sought-after airline to fly to international destinations.
Malawi Air Meals
• Passengers traveling economy class are served a complimentary meal or snack subject to the duration of a flight.
• Meals in economy class consist of a main course along with sides and a dessert.
• Economy Class passengers are also served a wide range of beverages such as water, juice, soft drinks, tea, and coffee.
• Business Class passengers in Malawi Airlines are in here for a fine dining experience. They can enjoy a customized dining experience where they can pre-select meals.
• Meals in Business Class includes a wide selection of appetizers, a main course, and a dessert.
• A wide selection of beverages including premium alcoholic beverages are also served.
• Economy Class passengers traveling on the Airlines will have a sufficient amount of legroom and width for a comfy journey.
• Seats in Economy Class are in 3-3 configurations providing comfortable and spacious seating arrangements.
• In-flight entertainment options may include seatback screens or overhead screens (depending on the aircraft), offering a wide selection of movies, music, and TV shows.
• Business Class passengers will be enjoying the highest level of comfort and relaxation.
• Seats are in 2-2 and 1-2-1 configurations offering privacy and more personal space to the passengers.
• Seats in Business Class also convert onto lie-flat beds for comfortable sleep mostly on long-haul flights.
• World-class in-flight entertainment includes individual seatback screens offering the latest Hollywood movies, TV shows, music, and more.
Baggage Allowance Policy
Carry-On Baggage Allowance: It allows economy passengers one carry-on baggage with a maximum weight of up to 7 kg (15 lbs.) and dimensions should not exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm (21.6 in x 13.7 in x 7.8 in). Business Class passengers are allowed the same weight as Economy Class Passengers.
Checked Baggage Allowance: Economy Class passengers are allowed 20 kg (44 lbs.) to 30 kg (66 lbs.) checked baggage allowance per passenger. Business Class passengers are allowed more checked baggage allowance ranging from 30 kg (66 lbs) to 40 kg (88 lbs) per passenger. The baggage may vary depending on the fare type, ticket, and flight route.
Airport Check-in: Malawi Airlines allows passengers to opt for airport check-in counters at the designated airport. The airline operates check-in counters at the airports served by the airline. Passengers are required to bring valid travel documents like passports and tickets for a hassle-free check-in process. At the check-in counters, passengers can get their respective boarding passes, check in their baggage, and can also get assistance from the airline’s staff.
Online Check-in: Online check-in allows passengers to check in from their respective mobile and computer devices. The airline allows online check-in 24 hours to couple of hours before the scheduled flight departure. Passengers opting for online check-in can also select their seats, provide travel information and receive their electronic boarding pass. On completion of the online check-in process, passengers can directly go for security check-in at the airport.
Only unused and partially used tickets that meet the eligibility criteria will be allowed for a refund. Refund eligibility is subject to ticket conditions, fare type, and certain terms and conditions associated with the ticket.
The airlines allows to cancel or modify their booking subject to terms and conditions. While canceling the ticket the passenger should provide the ticket number, proof of identity, and booking reference. For more information, it is advised to contact the airline customer care department.
Frequent Flyer Program
“Malawi Wafa Wafa” is the frequent flyer program of the airline. The frequent flyer program may include different membership tiers such as entry lever tiers, elite tiers, and higher tiers. Every tier comes with certain benefits and rewards. Flyers earning miles can redeem miles for multiple benefits and rewards such as priority boarding, increased baggage allowance, access to premium lounges, seat upgrades, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)–Air Malawi
Malawi Airlines offers special assistance to passengers with medical conditions or disability. To get special assistance it is advised to directly contact the airline during the ticket booking process. The airline will ensure that necessary assistance and accommodation are provided, subject to terms and conditions.
Malawi Airlines offer options for upgrading ticket to a higher cabin class. Upgrades can be done through the airline’s website or mobile app subject to terms and conditions.
Malawi Airlines offers different check-in options to passengers including airport check-in, online check-in, and mobile check-in.
Passengers booking a ticket with Malawi Airlines can do so by visiting the airline's official website. Ticket booking can be done through multiple online travel websites or travel agents also.
Malawi Airlines accepts all forms of payment including credit cards, debit cards, and other forms of accepted payment during the booking process.